Clubs affiliated with Swimming Queensland are covered by our National Insurance Program, which is provided through Swimming Australia and Marsh Advantage Insurance. All the information you need to know about the coverage provided to your Club and its members is available on the Marsh website.

Please note, early in 2020, JLT Sport combined with Marsh, the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How Do I Make a Claim?
  • The Marsh website has all the information and forms that you need in order to make a claim for Personal Injury or Liability.

    Personal Injury claims must be submitted no later than 90 days after the incident, therefore it's important that you act as soon as possible to get your claim completed.

    Head to the Marsh website to view and download the forms for Personal Injury claims.

    In the case of Liability claims, if an incident occurs that you believe may lead to legal action or non-legal action by a third party, you should contact Marsh immediately on 1300 130 373 (preferably within 48 hours of the occurrence) and complete the general liability claim form. This form and further information regarding completing your claim can be found on the Marsh website.

  • What Am I Covered For?
  • The Swimming Australia National Insurance Programme, provided through Marsh Advantage Insurance, covers the following types of liability. You can find out the specific details of what each include on the Marsh website linked below.


  • What Is a Certificate Of Currency And How Do I Get One?
  • A Certificate of Currency is a document confirming that your insurance policy is current and includes details of the sums insured, the policy type as well as the policy expiry date. This certificate may be required by Councils or other organisations if you are using their facilities for club activities or fundraisers.

    To download a copy of your Club's Certificate of Currency you must first have completed the affiliation process for the current season. Then head over to the Marsh website and select Certificate of Currency. You will be prompted to enter your Club's Swimming ID which is provided to affiliated clubs in their confirmation email. Clubs are required to complete a short risk management module each year, to download their Certificate of Currency.

  • I've Got More Questions About The Insurance At My Club, Who Do I Contact?
  • If you have more questions about the Insurance provided to Clubs as part of the Swimming Australia National Insurance Programme, simply get in touch with the friendly team at Marsh via the details available on their website.

Was this page helpful?yesno

Thanks for your feedback.

Go back to top