Congratulations to all swimmers their coaches and clubs, who were named on the 2021 Queensland Open Water Team, set to compete at the Northern Territory Open Water Championships in August.
The below swimmers have earned Queensland Team selection:
- Finella GibbsBeal (Noosa, John Rogers)
- Jessica Mouatt (Nudgee College, David Proud)
- Moesha Johnson (TSS Aquatic, Chris Nesbit)
- Sara Tazaki (Miami, Raelene Ryan)
- Riley Clout (TSS Aquatic, Chris Nesbit)
- Robert Thorpe (St Peters Western, Dean Boxall)
- Ruben Rees (Miami, Raelene Ryan)
- Thomas Raymond (Nudgee College, David Proud)
Congratulations also to Team Coach David Proud (Nudgee) and Head Coach Raelene Ryan (Miami) who will lead the team.
Raelene is a Gold level licensed Coach, and has been an integral part of the Miami swimming club since 1997. Raelene has travelled with teams as a Team Coach for both Swimming Queensland and Swimming Australia, as well as with Australian Youth Open Water teams and Commonwealth Youth Games Teams. Swimming Queensland welcomes her experience and guidance as the Queensland Open Water Head Coach.
- Raelene Ryan, Head Coach (Miami)
- David Proud (Nudgee College)
- Trudee Stafford, Manager (Swimming Queensland)