Swimming Qld is seeking a dynamic, driven Retail Assistant to join its team – approx. 10-12 hours per week. Swimming Qld is a not-for-profit State Sporting Organisation and operates a flagship Speedo Store, the SQ Swim Shop, within the Brisbane Aquatic Centre, Chandler. The position is casual, joining a team of 2 other Retail Assistants and reports to the Business Manager.
Qualifications / Experience / Attributes
- Swimwear / active wear / fashion retail experience desirable
- Passion for great customer service
- Motivation to achieve sales
- Experience with cash handling and point-of-sale systems
- Sound computer skills
- High level communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Demonstrated use of initiative and the ability to work autonomously with a high level of attention to detail
- Well-groomed and presented
- Demonstrated suitability to work with children
- Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide product and brand knowledge to customers
- Provide an excellent customer service experience
- Merchandise product and maintain store presentation
- Follow store policies and procedures
- Maintain, order and receive stock accurately, including stocktakes
- Any other duties within the employee’s capabilities that the employee could reasonably be expected to undertake
Conditions of Employment
It should be noted that the position will involve out-of-ordinary-hours work, including weekends and events.
We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening and background check process prior to appointment.
How to Apply
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Therefore applications will be reviewed as they are received & interviews conducted accordingly. Written applications, including a cover letter & CV should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org