GROW is an activity book written to enhance the personal development of athletes of all abilities and across all sports. Using GROW, these workshops focus on a proactive, empowering and skill building approach to self-development in order for young athletes to thrive in and out of the pool.
Delivered by former swimming World Champions, Jade Edmistone and/or Jess Schipper, these workshops will be run across each of the 12 Queensland School Sport Regions during the 2022-23 season, in conjunction with ONCORE Clinics, for students participating in the school sport pathway aged 10-12 years.
Within the 2 hour workshop (including 1 hour in the water), student athletes will strengthen their:
- ability to set and achieve personal, health and sporting goals
- capacity to build resilience
- proficiency in coping with automatic negative thoughts
- awareness of growth mindset and use of positive self-talk
- capability to use affirmations for personal growth
- positive application of self-care strategies
- effective growth and use of support networks
As dates and locations of the workshops are finalised, they will be listed below. To ensure you get the details for when the workshop is in your region, register your interest here! Please note, each workshop will be capped at 30 students aged 10-12 years.